We offer a one or two week retreat at our eco-friendly organic farm. Artists can pursue their work, cultivating their creativity in direct contact with nature in a restful and beautiful setting. Working space is provided, and farm, nature and found objects are available to those who would like to make use of them with gratitude.
Whether seeking inspiration, rest or just time to work in a rural and peaceful environment, this retreat offers all of these possibilities.
2021 Residency Dates
October 15 – 31
Private (double & queen) and shared (single) accommodation available. Healthy meals can be self- prepared and served in warm country kitchen or in cozy common outside eating areas. A healthy and welcoming refuge inside and out.
The residency building is a historical log home built in 1839. A studio, workshop and barn space are also available in the rolling wooded hills of Dufferin County. It is located 110 km northwest of Toronto, in the Headwaters Region of central Ontario, on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment near the Bruce Trail. There are also nearby B&B’s and camping alternatives.
Artists from all disciplines are welcome. Visual and performing artists, including painters, musicians, and dancers have taken this opportunity to work in a solo, collaborative or interactive environment. Residency periods range from 1-2 weeks in duration, subject to availability. Under special circumstances, a longer stay will be considered.
In the interest of promoting an exchange of ideas and cultures, residents will be supported and encouraged but are not required to interact with local artists and community members through talks, demonstrations, workshops, exhibitions or performances.
Artists will be provided with a shared or private double or queen bedroom accommodation as per their preference and availability. Gracious shared living and cooking space is available to all both indoors and out on 75 acres of forested and organically farmed land.
Residents are responsible for their own food, travel, personal expenses and all creative materials.
- Drop us an email email@example.com with SUBJECT : Artist Residency. Please include: your full name, current address, phone number and email address, writing briefly about why you would like to take this opportunity to creatively retreat.
- While every effort will be made to accommodate time requests, please state a second choice for availability.
- We welcome you to include performance, exhibition history, education or training, publications, and collections or collectors of your art work but it is not necessary.
- Artists need to bring all their own materials and food. The exception, is the availability of respectfully found objects on site, both in nature and in our barn. Let us know what you need.
- Arrival after 3pm the first day and departure by 10am the last day.
- Guests or family members cannot be accommodated.
- No smoking and no pets allowed (with the exception of working animals, who are welcome).
All prices are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
|Single Room – Shared||$400||$700|
Please note: Campers must provide all their own gear. Indoor guests are provided with bedding. Indoor guests receive a $50.00 discount if you bring your own linens and towels.