We offer a one or two week retreat at our eco-friendly organic farm. Artists can pursue their work, cultivating their creativity in direct contact with nature in a restful and beautiful setting. Working space is provided, and farm, nature and found objects are available to those who would like to make use of them with gratitude.
Whether seeking inspiration, rest or just time to work in a rural and peaceful environment, this retreat offers all of these possibilities.
Private (single) and shared (double) accommodation available. Healthy meals can be prepared with full access to warm country kitchen facilities and cozy common outside eating areas. A healthy and welcoming refuge inside and out.
The residency building is a historical log home built in 1839. A studio, workshop and barn space are also available in the rolling wooded hills of Dufferin County. It is located 110 km northwest of Toronto, in the Headwaters Region of central Ontario, on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment near the Bruce Trail. There are also nearby B&B’s and camping alternatives.
Artists from all disciplines are welcome. Visual and performing artists, including painters, musicians, and dancers have taken this opportunity to work in a solo, collaborative or interactive environment. Residency periods range from 1-2 weeks in duration, subject to availability. Under special circumstances, a longer stay will be considered.
In the interest of promoting an exchange of ideas and cultures, residents will be supported and encouraged but are not required to interact with local artists and community members through talks, demonstrations, workshops or exhibitions.
Artists will be provided a private or double bedroom accommodation, gracious shared living space, 75 acres of forested and organically farmed land.
Residents are responsible for travel, personal expenses and meals.
- Drop us an email email@example.com with SUBJECT : Artist Residency. APlease include: your full name, current address, phone number and email address, writing briefly about why you would like to take this opportunity to creatively retreat.
- While every effort will be made to accommodate time requests, please state a second choice for availability.
- We welcome you to include performance, exhibition history, education or training, publications, and collections or collectors of your art work but it is not necessary.
- Artists need to bring all their own materials and food. The exception, is the availability of respectfully found objects on site, both in nature and in our barn. Let us know what you need.
- Guests or family members cannot be accommodated overnight.
- No smoking and no pets allowed (with the exception of working animals, who are welcome).
All prices are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
|Daily||Weekly||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||Monthly|
Please note: Campers must provide all their own gear. Indoor guests are provided with bedding.