We offer a one or two week retreat at our eco-friendly organic farm. Artists can pursue their work, cultivating their creativity in direct contact with nature in a restful and beautiful setting. Working space is provided, and farm, nature and found objects are available to those who would like to make use of them.
Whether seeking inspiration, rest or just time to work in a rural and peaceful environment, this retreat offers all of these possibilities.
Private (single) and shared (double) accommodation available. Healthy meals can be prepared with full access to warm country kitchen facilities and cozy common outside eating areas. A healthy and welcoming refuge inside and out.
Things to do
Numerous artist studios, restaurants, Bruce Trail and Dufferin County Museum and Archives, and picturesque enclaves like the Town of Creemore are nearby.
Catherine is a warm and inviting host, committed to supporting artists in their creative process. A long time participant in the arts, she delights in providing a simple yet gracious place to facilitate individuals to get what they need from this restorative time. Wild Rose Farm Artist Retreat is a member of Res Artis, an international association of residential art centres.
Call for Submissions
Wild Rose Farm Artist Retreat is a member of Res Artis, The International Association of Residential Arts Centres, a foundation based in the Netherlands.
Its membership is made up of arts centres and artist’s organisations that encourage the development of contemporary art and artists through residential artist exchange programs.
Although welcoming artists of all disciplines, Wild Rose Farm uniquely offers dance studio space to dance and performance artists. The host is a dancer and past chair of Dance Ontario.
Operating for over 20 years as an organic farm Wild Rose Farm currently offering orchard, wild edibles and with access to local produce close by.
We are a founding member of Ontario’s 100% renewable energy retailer, Bullfrog Power.
Now accepting applications from artists for March 14, 2014, for self -directed residency that can accommodate four artists at any one time. This retreat program is intended to give artists an opportunity to create or rejuvenate, in a peaceful rural, inspirational and intimate setting.
The residency building is a historical log home built in 1839. A studio, cabin and barn space are also available in the rolling wooded hills of Dufferin County. It is located 110 km northwest of Toronto, in the Headwaters Region of central Ontario, on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment and Bruce Trail.
Artists from all disciplines are welcome. Visual and performing artists,including painters, musicians, and dancers have taken this opportunity to work in a solo, collaborative or interactive environment. Residency periods range from 1-2 weeks in duration, subject to availability. Under special circumstances, a longer stay will be considered.
In the interest of promoting an exchange of ideas and cultures, residents will be supported and encouraged but are not required to interact with local artists and community members through talks, demonstrations, workshops or exhibitions.
Artists will be provided a private or double bedroom accommodation, gracious shared living space, 75 acres of forested and organically farmed land.
Residents are responsible for travel, personal expenses and meals.
- Send application email@example.com with SUBJECT : 2014 Residency. Applicants must include their full name, current address, phone number and email address, writing briefly about why they would like to take this opportunity to creatively retreat.
- While every effort will be made to accommodate time requests, please state a second choice for availability.
- C.V. including performance, exhibition history, education or training, publications, and collections or collectors of your art work are welcomed but not necessary.
- 2 letters of support and recommendation are suggested.
- Deposit of 50% of the fee required upon booking, all but 10% refundable upon cancellation at least one month in advance. The balance is due on arrival.
- Artists need to bring all their own materials and food. The exception, is the availability of respectfully found objects on site, both in nature and in our barn. Let us know what you need.
- Guests or family members cannot be accommodated overnight.
- No smoking and no pets allowed (with the exception of working animals, who are welcome).
© 2007-2011 Wild Rose Farm